We have another wonderful Guest Recipe
This week we’re being taught by:
Charlotte Little, otherwise known as Little Lottie in the blogging world. Author of Little Lottie, a health, lifestyle and beauty blog. Writing about her journey to veganism and finding herself. Passionate about seeing the world. Living in beautiful Cornwall, UK. Next adventure: Thailand.
So let’s see what Charlotte has to say…..
Pancakes and Summer Berry Ice Cream
This makes a great breakfast, lunch or dessert dish and is made almost all from fruit! And hey, if it’s good for you then you can have as much as you like!
To whip up this delicious treat you will need a blender or food processor. It only takes 5 ingredients and is the most delicious breakfast whether you’re vegan or not!
For the plant based pancakes you will need:
1.5 cups of Oat Flour (either buy or blend up some oats until they turn to flour)
1 Ripe Banana (they make a great egg replacement)
1 cup of Plant Milk (my favorite is almond milk but feel free to use oat, rice or soya)
A pinch of Cinnamon for sweetness (optional)
- Blend your rolled oats until finely chopped into flour
- Add all the wet ingredients and whiz in the blender until thoroughly mixed
- Heat some coconut oil in a small frying pan ready for the pancake batter
- Pour out as much mixture as you like depending on your desired pancake size – I personally like them small and thick
For the Summer Berry Ice Cream:
Nice cream is vegan ice cream made from bananas and it’s beyond delicious. You can create so many different flavors; add raw cacao powder to make a delicious chocolate cream or use a few dates as a healthy caramel alternative but as the warm weather is currently here I opted for a sweet summer berry flavor.
You will need:
3 Frozen Bananas (peel and slice some bananas and freeze overnight)
A handful of Frozen Berries
- Blend the frozen bananas until creamy (they first turn powdery then go creamy, just persevere)
- Add your favorite frozen berries to the creamy banana nice cream and blend until they’re completely mixed in
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl enjoy!
This dish is a perfect healthy pancake and ice cream alternative that doesn’t contain any nasty ingredients or dairy! It’s very low fat and tastes delicious, like most vegan food. I hope you enjoy creating your own versions, salted caramel ice cream and chocolate pancakes is another yummy flavor to try.
Thanks to Charlotte for being such a super star and sharing this Spring and Summer Recipe with us! I think this is going to be one of my main meals this coming Summer here in SA as we battle with humidity!
You can find Charlotte on all her social media platforms here:
And you know you can always find Cee on her Twittisphere!
And As Always….