Why Travel & Vacations Are Essential To Our Mindset
It’s almost September, I kid you not. Those Christmas ads don’t seem so outrageous now, do they? Spring is nearly upon us and at the same time, there is a mad rush to make last efforts to achieve 2017’s personal and professional goals.
Companies demand more from their personnel, clients demand more from their suppliers and before we know it we’re hiding under our desks at lunch, sipping on Rose and wondering why wine isn’t part of our daily requirements?
The last thing on your mind would be to take a break, put your feet up and work on your tan. Yet booking a few days off is exactly what WorldVentures DreamTrips; the world’s largest curator of group travel recommends. And I am “here for it”.
Various studies conducted around the world indicate that people who go on more holidays reap the following benefits:
- Decreased stress levels and thus lower blood pressure and less risk of heart disease (Think about it as, not losing your breath after climbing those stairs to your office).
- A reduction in blood glucose levels reducing the risk of diabetes (Appreciate that you can have that extra donut when you crave it).
- An increase in energy levels, contentedness and general health and well-being (Knowing that the fruit smoothie is better for you in the morning than the 3-Teaspooned-Sugar Drink you’re used to glugging).
- Weight loss (related to decreased levels of the stress-induced hormone Cortisol) and enhanced mood. (Who doesn’t feel just a little better, when they look better?)
- Improvement in quality of sleep. (Being one of those people that have actually experienced 8hrs of sleep in one night).
- And an improved rate of resilience to stress once you return to work. (Who cares about the latest office gossip, when you’re building an empire?).
Not that Cee ever needed an excuse to travel, but I think with the above benefits, doing it “for my health” is a pretty responsible choice to make, don’t you?
Okay so, we’re agreed on booking a holiday, but doesn’t that just add to your stress? Anyone who has booked a vacation, know’s that there are so many stress added to actually going on holiday, right?
Well, a long weekend somewhere in beautiful South Africa when the leaves start to sprout on the trees and the grass starts to turn green and the sunsets linger a little longer is a perfect getaway to refuel. And it’ s truly NOT that difficult to arrange.
First let’s discuss your holiday options:
- A bush holiday while it’s still cool enough to spot the animals at waterholes and feeding spots. Hluhluwe in Zululand is one of Cee’s favorite places to spend time relaxing.
- A seaside holiday as there is nothing as relaxing as lying under an umbrella while listening to the waves crashing against the shore. There is no better place to explore than the South Coast of KZN. With beach views from almost anywhere, surfing, diving, and sunset river cruises, you can’t expect to wear anything more than a light jersey in the evenings and swimwear during the days.
- A hike in the mountains where the flowers are beginning to bud and the streams are beginning to flow more heavily with the promise of the first rains of the season. The Midlands Meander and Drakensberg are just a few hours from the center of Durban City and cater to all types of hikers, runners, walkers and MTB Riders. There’s nothing like getting a bit of fresh air and exercise in out in the middle of nature!
So what’s stopping you?
Take the hassle out of researching and booking your holidays by visiting www.dreamtrips.com you can also keep updated on the latest trips by following Dream Trips on their Social Media pages, like Facebook and Twitter.
*In partnership with Dream Trips*
And As Always…..